Public relations refers to the practice of managing communication between an organization and its public in order to create and maintain a positive image about itself and its products
Roles of Public Relations
- Public relations helps to create a positive image of the company in the eyes of various interest holders like consumers, government, suppliers, etc.
- It helps in launching new products as they may be accepted easily because of the good reputation of the business.
- It helps the business to reinstate itself in the wake of controversies or prejudices etc.
Functions of the Public Relation Department
- It manages relations with the press to present true and correct information about the company.
- It undertakes product publicity for new products through sponsorship.
- It is proactive in promoting or defending regulations that affect business by maintaining healthy relationships with associations of commerce and industry etc. through newsletters, brochures, articles or arranging for talk shows or speeches of high officials of the company.
- It initiates or supports various kinds of corporate social activities.